You must be logged in top open this lesson. Click here to login.
The Oral Health course actively guides your students in learning lessons in English and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Arts & Music and P.E. Students will understand and obtain a balanced message about eating sensibly, becoming physically active, and practicing healthy behaviors, leading to lifelong behavior changes that will help them grow into healthier, safer and more effective citizens.
FIRST GRADE GLEs
- Explain the purpose of teeth (chew, talk, face shape, smile)
- State developmental milestones in tooth development
- Identify gums and their function
- State basics of proper brushing, diet, and dental visits in maintaining dental health
- Demonstrate the proper way to brush one’s teeth
SECOND GRADE GLEs
- Explain the important role of teeth in overall health and wellness
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper hygiene, diet, and dental visits
- Demonstrate the proper way to brush one’s teeth.
THIRD GRADE GLEs
- Explain the important role of teeth in overall health and well-being
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper hygiene, diet, and dental visits in maintaining oral health and prevent cavities
- Demonstrate the proper way to brush and floss one’s teeth
- Perform a relaxation/stress management sequence that will help them stay calm and alert during dental visits, test taking or other potentially stressful events
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level 1st - 3rd Grade
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes
Grade 1: Healthy Smiles
The Healthy Smiles lesson is broken down into 4 sections. The 4 sections are as follows: Five and Jive Introduce Forward Lunges, What Do Our Teeth Do For Us?, Plaque Jack Tell Us How to Take Care of Our Teeth, Five and Jive Action Song and Closing.
Grade 2: Stay Away Tooth Decay
This lesson is broken down into 3 sections. The 3 sections are as follows: Five and Jive T-shirt Message, Talking About Teeth, Review and Closing.
Grade 3: Stepping Up Our Smile Power
This lesson is broken down into 5 sections. The 5 sections are as follow: Five and Jive Fitness Card Balancing and Stretching, Review of Dental Basics, What's a Dentist Visit Like?, Flossing Demonstration and Cavity Discussion, Review and Closing.