You must be logged in top open this lesson. Click here to login.
The MyPlate course actively guides your students in learning the following lesson topics: Vary Your Veggies, Focus on Fruit, Let’s Talk About Grains, Protein Power, Water is Wonderful, Calcium Counts and Tips for Healthy Eating. Students will understand and obtain a balanced message about eating sensibly, becoming physically active, and practicing healthy behaviors, leading to lifelong behavior changes that will help them grow into healthier, safer and more effective citizens.
GRADE LEVEL EXPECTATIONS
- Name the five food groups (diary, protein, vegetables, fruits and grains)
- Recognize different foods from each food group
- Learn the types of nutrients and vitamins of each food group
- Learn that eating different foods from the food groups and drinking water will help them grow, think and have energy to play
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level 1st - 3rd Grade
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes