You must be logged in top open this lesson. Click here to login.
Movement & Activities
The Movement & Activities course actively guides your students in learning lessons in English and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Arts & Music and P.E. Students will understand and obtain a balanced message about eating sensibly, becoming physically active, and practicing healthy behaviors, leading to lifelong behavior changes that will help them grow into healthier, safer and more effective citizens.
FIRST GRADE GLEs
- State the purpose of our skeleton
- State the purpose of our muscles
- Explain the benefits of being physically active
- Explain the importance of doing warm-up and cool-down activities
SECOND GRADE GLEs
- List the benefits of daily physical activity
- Explain how these activities benefit the body
- Participate in physical activity
- State a goal of becoming more active each day
- Identify ways to change certain behaviors
THIRD GRADE GLEs
- State the benefits of physical activity especially walking
- Explain how and where to walk more, such as counting steps, developing step trails at home, using stairs instead of elevators, walking as a class, walking with family or a friend, and walking at school, on playgrounds, and in public parks
- Recognizing that walking helps develop fitness while building muscles, burning calories, and creating good life habits
- Demonstrating a new “Rocking Chair” fitness routine
- State rules of walking safety
- State the importance of tracking individual activities such as walking logs and bingo card activities
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level 1st - 3rd Grade
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes
Grade 1: Moving Our Muscles and Bones
The 1st Grade Moving Our Muscles and Bones lesson is broken down into 3 sections. The 3 sections are as follows: Listening to a Story “There Was and Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe”, Muscles and Bones Basics, Five and Jive Cool Down and Closing. Skill development benchmarks are including within each section.
Grade 2: Focus of Five and Jive
The 2nd Focus of Five and Jive lesson is broken down into 5 sections. The 5 sections are as follows: Attention Getter, Basic Ideas About Being Active, More About Physical Activity, “Real Kids” Can Get Active, Closing. Skill development benchmarks are including within each section.
Grade 3: Counting Steps with Five and Jive
The 3rd Counting Steps with Five and Jive lesson is broken down into 5 sections. The 5 sections are as follows: Couch Potatoes and Mouse Potatoes, Five and Jive Fitness Card “Rocking Chair Move”, Talking About Walking, How Many Steps do”Real Kids” Need? Five and Jive Bingo Card and Closing. Skill development benchmarks are including within each section.