You must be logged in top open this lesson. Click here to login.
Healthy & Fit Summer Fun
The Healthy & Fit Summer Fun course actively guides your students in learning lessons in English and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Arts & Music and P.E. Students will understand and obtain a balanced message about eating sensibly, becoming physically active, and practicing healthy behaviors, leading to lifelong behavior changes that will help them grow into healthier, safer and more effective citizens.
FIRST GRADE GLEs
- Explain what it means to grow up fit together
- Identify colors and food groups of MyPyramid and state the need to eat something from every color every day
- State the importance of being physically active every day, demonstrate warm-ups, vigorous exercise and cool-downs
- As the body’s most important muscle, state ways to keep the heart strong
- State importance of caring for one’s teeth, including regular brushing, flossing and dental visits
- Distinguish between myths and facts of snacking and recognize that children need healthy snacks because they are still growing
- Explain how to stay fit and healthy while having summer fun
SECOND GRADE GLEs
- Recap the previous six lessons
- Describe three ways to protect the skin in the summer sun
- Explain how to continue practicing healthy eating and physical activity habits while having summer fun
THIRD GRADE GLEs
- Perform a range of physical movements and fitness routines
- Explain the need to drink water
- State five essential rules of swimming safety
- Continue habits of healthy eating and physical activity
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level 1st - 3rd Grade
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
Grade 1: Staying Fit With Summer Fun
The 1st Grade Staying Fit with Summer Fun lesson is broken down into 4 sections: First Grade lessons 1-2 review, Lessons 3-4 review, Lessons 5-6 Review, Healthy Snack Treat and Closing.
Grade 2: Healthy Summer Fun
The 2nd Grade Healthy Summer Fun lesson is broken down into 3 sections: Five and Jive Review of the Year's Lessons, Healthy Summer Fun, Five and Jive Celebration Parade and Closing.
Grade 3: Fitness Festival & Farewell
The 3rd Grade Fitness Festival and Farewell lesson is broken down into 3 sections: Review Previous Lessons, Presentation of Certificates, Five and Jive Festival Activity.