The Healthy Snacks course will allow students to understand and obtain a balanced message about eating sensibly, becoming physically active, and practicing healthy behaviors, leading to lifelong behavior changes that will help them grow into healthier, safer and more effective citizens.
FIRST GRADE GLEs
- Explain that children need snacks because they are still growing
- Explain that healthy snacks are good for children and will not ruin their appetites
- Understand snacks should be a snack and not replace the three main meals
- Understand healthy snacks should come from the five major food groups and only occasionally from the “other” yellow group
SECOND GRADE GLEs
- Explain why kids need to eat healthy snacks
- Compare food labels to a table of contents
- Define “serving size”
- Identify some good guidelines that will enable “real kids” to make smart food choices
THIRD GRADE GLEs
- Explain the best energy boost comes from healthy living
- Explain that people who eat well, drink water, get enough physical exercise, and sleep well will have plenty of energy the natural and healthy way
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level 1st - 3rd Grade
- Students 0
- Assessments Self
Grade 1: Fun with Good Snacks
Fun with Good Snacks is broken down into three sections. The three sections are as follows: Five and Jive "First Grade Cadence," Good Snacks are for Kids, Willy-Wally-Wonka Stew and Closing.
Grade 2: Smart on Snacks
Smart on Snacks is broken down into four sections. The four sections are as follows: Five and Jive "Whiz-wam, Zippity-zam," Good Snacks are Good for Kids!, Learning About Labels, Smart on Snacks Marching Cadence and Closing.
Grade 3: Eat Smart, Drink Smart
Eat Smart, Drink Smart is broken down into three sections. The three sections are as follows: Five and Jive Fitness Card "Side Lunge and Jump Stretch," Amazing Facts About Drinks and Snacks, Review and Closing.